I am an engineer that works for a fortune 500 company. I was flying into Tallahassee, FL on the night of August 26th, 2015. During my travel I like to take photos out of the plane window to update my family on Facebook of my location and arrival. On this particular trip I noticed something in my photo.
I took a series of two pictures as I approached TLH or Tallahassee International Airport. The first photo was timestamped at 11:48pm EST and the second photo was timestamped at 11:49pm EST. I have never been to Tallahassee but I wanted to try and snap a picture, so I took one photo over the wing and one facing forward of the wing. It is important that I mention that I do not know the specific vector or approach of my flight, nor have I been to Tallahassee before.
At the time that I took the photos I did not notice anything. Later upon inspection of the photos in my hotel room I found something unexpected and unidentified (at least by me) within the photo. I have to confess that I am unable to explain how this artifact arrived in my photo. It is my belief that this is not an artifact within my photo, but it is something real. Something tangible. Something that was present at the time that I took the photo.
– I arrived in Tallahassee on Delta Fight DL2416.
– I sat on the right side of the plane, window seat, near the wing.
– There were no cabin lights turned on during the time I took this photo.
– Nobody was sitting next to me in my row during the time of this photo.
– My phone was pressed against the window of the aircraft (as a prop to keep the camera steady) during both photos.
– The phone that the picture was taken on is a Samsung Galaxy S3.
– Flash was set to “OFF” during both photos.
– “Scene mode” was set to “None” for both photos.
– My phone due to “Airplane Mode” was synced with Eastern Standard Time since my connecting flight had been from ATL or Atlanta International Airport. (My entire trip was within the Eastern Timezone.)